LOOP CITY is one of Greater Copenhagen’s largest contiguous development areas, and collectively boasts a large cultural and recreational offering. Seen as a whole, LOOP CITY holds the prerequisites for playing a significant role in regional and local development in the future.
The work programme for LOOP CITY aims to connect sustainable urban development, green mobility, and economic growth across the participating municipalities. It is founded on the political vision about LOOP CITY and the political charter adopted by the collaborating parties in 2012.
LOOP CITY offers visionary and intelligent solutions for sustainable urban communities where the public transport is improved and the suburbs of Copenhagen are transformed to accommodate the future urban development in Greater Copenhagen.
LOOP CITY proposes an urban corridor, which will not only link the urban fingers of the Fingerplan but Greater Copenhagen as a whole and create a foundation for sustainable urban renewal in the Capital Region.
The shared objectives of LOOP CITY are to:
- create sustainable and dynamic urban and business development along the new light rail
- improve the quality of urban life and the conditions for residential and business development throughout the corridor
- become an internationally recognised example of best practice in collaborative, strategic urban management
- attract investment
- attract passengers to public transport by focusing on the physical environment and station proximity
To reach these objectives, LOOP CITY works within the frame of three overall programmes:
- Programme 1: Communication
- Programme 2: Trafical mobility
- Programme 3: Strategic economic growth
Each programme consists of several projects and these are presented in the following.